And I wanted to share our experience with you in a list of 10 things I learned at the All Star Game...for when it comes to your hometown!
1. If you go to a baseball game, make sure it's at Petco Park.
I realize this one won't work in your hometown but trust me, try to make a trip to see a Padres' game. This stadium is so worth it!
2. Make sure you have good seats. We were in the sun for about 2/3 of the game. So sit near third base. We were behind first.
4. When your kid hears the National Anthem sung by her favorite singer (Rachel Platten), the smile is priceless.
5. When the kind strangers around you offer your kids their own Cracker Jack boxes, you realize why they call it America's Finest City.
6. When the WHOLE stadium stands up to cancer while above mentioned Rachel Platten sings "Fight Song", you realize it's okay to shed a tear.
9. It's okay to eat chips and fake cheese at a baseball game. Hmmm, I somehow forgot to take a picture of this. Trust me on this one...
10. It's awesome living close to the ballpark and taking an Uber to and from the park so you can drink the above mentioned beer.