Oh and I started Marathon training. (We get it Smitha. You are running a freaking Marathon!) #sorrynotsorry
So, I would like to share the 14 things I learned about myself as a runner in 2014!
1. That Miles with friends are so much better than miles alone. That running has become my social hour, my happy hour and healthy hour all rolled in to one! (Thought credit goes to MM)
2. That it sometimes is okay to be the most stylish rather than the fastest.
3. That sometimes a shower is not always possible after a sweaty Runch. So you use a wipe or a ShowerPill and hope for the best!
4. That I cannot run in a straight line. That means treadmills and narrow paths don't work for me. I need wide open spaces.
5. That I love Runing and living by the ocean. No better scenery!
6. That for me, my feet and running style, there is no better shoe than Hoka One One.
7. That shin splints happen. But that compression socks before, during and after a run feel amazing!
8. That running for a cause is ALWAYS better than running for time!
9. That sometimes calling a stranger you meet on the Internet to come run with you in a strange place isn't such a bad idea. You may just make a friend for life!
10. That balancing being a parent to two amazing little humans, a wife to an amazing guy, a full time (yes amazing) job, marathon training and blogging requires 3 people. Alas, it's just me!
11. That you don't train for a marathon to lose weight. You can't because you are RUNGRY ALL THE TIME! #eatallthefood
12. That runners are the friendliest people in the world. Must be all the endorphins. But they always have a hello or a high five for everyone!
13. That I have developed a taste for sports nutrition. I kinda sorta love Honey Stingers, Nuttzo, Shot Bloks, Skratch, Nuun and Vega. I still can't do gels though. 13.5. You will chafe. Some day at some point on some body part. So use Sport Shield or another anti chafe item.
14. And finally, a bright and colorful skirt or Capri can make any run seem brighter and happier and go that much faster. And if it helps cars see you, that's a plus!
Thank you so much for being on this run journey with me in 2014! I can't wait to see what 2015 brings for me. Hope you will stick around to find out!
Happiest of New Years to you all. I wish you happiness, health, laughter and love!
And as always, I wish you Happy Feet,