HOLY MOLY! Bear with me...this catch up post is going to be a little long! I have so much to tell you guys that I decided to break it down in to 5 awesome things that happened to me and the SD Family (& friends who are like family) over the last week or so!
1. I am a guest poster over on the SunButter blog and I would love for you to check it out! I am sharing my recipe for SunButter Halloween Pops! They are nut free, gluten free and soy free and can also be made dairy free! And the recipe is so easy - it can be changed up for every holiday with the different sprinkles!
Check it out here and make sure to tag me on social media (@RunningwithSD) if you end up making these! YUM!
2. SD Dad ran his first Triathlon and kicked major butt! I am so proud of him. He is an addict now. He says the swim and bike portions are easy but the run is hard! I wonder if he knows anyone who can help him on the run?
3. My Jenn, Vanessa and Jenny all ran the Cuyamaca 100K. Yes folks, mathematically that is 62 miles but somehow this course was 63.3 miles and they KILLED it!
Those medals were hard-earned and proves just how bad ass they are!
Look at how strong they are! I am so proud to call these women friends and training partners. Kristina, pictured with me and Jenny, was Jenny's pacer and my carpool buddy! We sure had a lot of laughs!
4. My kids did some awesome community service work over the weekend. We volunteered at our school's garden and planted some bush beans. Teaches them about gardens and about helping others.
They LOVED it! Let's see if this will translate to our yard! Haha!
5. One of my very favorite types of food in the world is Thai food and my absolute favorite dish is Mint Chicken. I have tried for a while now to get the perfect recipe together and I think I found it.
It turned out so delicious that I have made it 3 times since I figured out the recipe and even my D asks for it! I will post the recipe soon...but warning. It has a very non-traditional ingredient - KETCHUP! Trust me!
So there you have my 5 awesome things!
Today, I am linking up with Mar, Courtney and Cynthia - AKA the DC Trifecta, Nicole for Fit & Fashionable Friday and Jill for Fitness, Health & Happiness Link-Up!
So now your turn to tell me an awesome thing!
As always, I wish you Happy Feet,