So what is this all about? This October, thousands of women, including me, will join in a one of a kind adventure to collectively and virtually run around the world to benefit charities that empower girls globally.
Join us as we collectively and virtually run around the world raising funds and awareness to empower girls globally. Whether you run once or everyday, raise $10 or $10,000, your time, effort, energy and voice will change lives and build communities all over the world.
I decided that I would raise money for the Epilepsy Foundation of San Diego County. Of course. If you haven't read why, here is my story: My daughter was diagnosed with Epilepsy when she was just 18 months old. This little girl is the bravest soul I know. She puts me to shame. She has had her blood drawn a countless times without even flinching. She deals with her mom begging her friends and family for donations to the Epilepsy Foundation. Thru it all, we have had the support of the Epilepsy Foundation. I don't know where we or other families like us in San Diego County would be without them. All the programming, the access to experts (including our neurologist, Mark Nespeca, M.D.) and the belief that Serena is extraordinary. She is special, not because she has Epilepsy but because she is Serena. For more information, please read here!
P.S. I have no idea where she gets her love of skirts with tall socks. Haha! Of course I do! Now, it is your turn. Run wherever and whenever and track your miles through Strava or MapMyFitness during the month long virtual challenge to add to our collective progress. Share your story with friends and family to raise funds for the cause that means the most to you.
So there are 2 ways you can join us! You can donate to my cause - Epilepsy Foundation of San Diego County and help empower girls like mine OR you can sign up and raise funds for your own cause! Head over here! OR you can WIN a FREE REGISTRATION from me! A $25 value. Here is everything you get:
- Access to the If Girls Ran the World month long global challenge
- Your own personal fundraising page for the cause that means the most to you
- The opportunity to set your own individual fitness and fundraising goals
- Inspiring emails filled with fundraising coaching, fitness tips, and custom (healthy) global recipes crafted by nutrition experts delivered as we reach various geographical milestones
- Exclusive access to join us in 4 online RunSocial community runs to virtually explore Death Valley, Banff, Tibet and Bali
- Exclusive access to local If Girls Ran the World in person run groups/meet-ups
- Opportunity to take part in weekly fitness and fundraising challenges with prizes such as an Oiselle prize pack, a Fitbit Blaze, a year supply of Kind Snacks, Hoka One One shoes, a $500 donation to your cause of choice, and more
- Hero Kit including tech tee and globe pendant necklace for the first 500 people to raise $250
All you have to do to win is to comment below with which charity you would select to partner with for If Girls Ran The World!
Here are the Rules for the Giveaway:
Contest runs 8/21/2016 to 8/27/2016 at 11:59 P.M. PST
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. 2 winners will be selected via Random.org. Open to Residents of the US only 18 years of age or older. Must have a valid email address.
Winner will be notified via email (if available) and/or blog post , and will have 24 hours to claim prize. If original winner does not claim prize within 24 hours, an alternate winner(s) will be selected.
Contestants must comment on this blog post in order to win.
SD Mom not responsible for the failure of sponsor to deliver product.
So, I am super excited about this and I hope you will join me!
As always, I wish you Happy Feet,