USA Today has named it one of their 10 Best and American Express calls it one of the top 20 “Must See” seaside events in the world. The U.S. Sand Sculpting Challenge is returning to San Diego and the 'B’ Street Cruise Ship Pier downtown. This will be the fifth year that one of the world’s most important sand-sculpting
competitions will be held on this built-for-the-occasion beach, with over 300 tons of sand dumped on the pier on San Diego’s Big Bay.
A portion of proceeds from the event goes to local children’s educational charities.
· The San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts is a public arts magnet school that was named one of the best in the Nation by U.S. News and World Reports. Students are bussed from throughout the San Diego Unified School District and take classes in theater, music, dance, visual arts, video production, stagecraft and creative writing along with regular academic subjects.
· Young Audiences of San Diego/Arts for Learning brings performers into elementary and middle schools to show kids what life in the arts is all about, yanks them out of their shells by teaching them to perform some of their ethnic songs and dance, and instills pride in self as they learn how to learn.
It’s All About the Kids Foundation helps less fortunate children through a network of 14 San Diego charities that have served over 11,000 kids.
Some fun facts:
• It takes two full weeks from start-up to tear-down
• Over 300 tons of sand are brought onto ‘B’ Street Pier in downtown San Diego
• The public has just four days to see the sculptures, from
• It will feature 11 professional international Master Sculptors competing solo plus 7 teams of 3 in the Cool California Carver competition
• The Dimensional Art Exposition – over 1,000 one-of-a-kind original works of art (metal, wood, glass, jewelry, hand-made clothing, wall-art, acrylic, fabric, gemstones, etc.) on display and for sale
• Family Fun – Kid Zone with rides and sandcastle building lessons taught by professional artists
• More than a dozen gourmet food trucks and a beer/wine garden
• Live entertainment all weekend long
• Special VIP area with great bay views
Want to win a Family Fourpack of tickets to the event too? Just comment below with your favorite thing about America's Finest City and anything else you want to tell me!
Here are the Rules for the Giveaway:
Contest runs 8/5/2016 to 8/12/2016 at 11:59 P.M. PST
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. 1 winner will be selected via Random.org. Open to Residents of the US only 18 years of age or older. Must have a non P.O. Box mailing address.
Winner will be notified via email (if available) and/or blog post , and will have 24 hours to claim prize. If original winner does not claim prize within 24 hours, an alternate winner(s) will be selected.
Contestants must comment on this blog post in order to win.
SD Mom not responsible for the failure of sponsor to deliver product.
Can't wait! As always, I wish you Happy Feet,